Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Ramblings...

Be Different

Good Sunday morning to you! I've spent my morning deleting old photos off of my computer and reorganizing other photos, and after looking through my folders from January and February and seeing all the cold and snow - I'm sure glad it's spring!

In a little while I'm going to be headed out the door to two engagement sessions with two awesome couples! But I wanted to share with you a few things first. And in no particular order:

I won! Thanks to you all of you who took the time to vote for me in the Youngren's 19 frame challenge, I really appreciate it! This morning when I took a look at their blog it was surreal to see my name on it. These are two photographers who I have followed and admired from afar from a while, it is truly an honor to be featured by them. You can see the blog post here.

With being mentioned on the Youngren's blog, I have gained a few new followers out there. Thank you and welcome! Hopefully I can keep you entertained enough to stay! I am also on Facebook and Twitter, so please follow me. I'd love to follow you back, just leave your info in the comments! (Click on "Facebook" and "Twitter" to go to my pages)

I had an awesome engagement session last night, it was just one of those that all came together. The perfect location, the perfect light, and the most AWESOME couple! The above picture of the tulips was taken then (I think it's begging to be a motivational poster, something like "Be Different" or "You're one in a Million"), and of course, this little sneak preview below!

Ali.Dustin

(A side note. During our session we saw two couples walking at us, the guys in tuxes, and the women in long dresses. One girl was wearing a beautiful white dress. I, being the wedding photographer that I am, thought they had just gotten married. I took it upon myself to wish them a "Congratulations". All four of them stared back blankly and kept walking. One of the guys muttered "That was the second one". Yes blog world, they were prom go-ers. I don't know who was more mortified, her or me! If you are out there white prom dress girl, I am sorry :) I'd be happy to take some pictures of you in that gorgeous dress for free if we ever meet!

Mental note - it is prom season. Do not tell random people congratulations. End of note.)

I hope you all have a great Sunday! Ta ta for now


No comments:

Post a Comment