Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Blackhawk Photography Group

One of the things I love doing is getting to know other photographers, and I am fortunate enough to attend a church in Madison that has a whole group of them! We get together once a month to review photos and work on our skillz. (Yes, skillz with a "z" - yes, I know I'm a nerd)

This month we were working on stopping motion - how to convey in a still photograph that something is moving. Here are some of my pictures from the workshop:

Technique #1 for showing something in motion - capture the object at it's peek motion - like Steve here jumping
Blackhawk Photo Bag
Blackhawk Photo Bag

Or Matt here, however an unfortunate pants fail happened after this photo!
Blackhawk Photo Bag

Technique #2 - Do the same but add flash. We were also concentrating on making sure we caught the runner/jumper in motion - so it didn't look like they were just standing still. I like to call this one "Jumping Super Canon Man!" ahm... sorry...
Blackhawk Photo Bag
Ok, how about a Drive By shooting?
Blackhawk Photo Bag

Some of our group members checking out their images:
Blackhawk Photo Bag

Technique #3 - Stopping motion with flash. For this one, I had a four second exposure, and the motion was stopped by the firing of the flashes (from someone else)
Blackhawk Photo Bag

Blackhawk Photo Bag

If you'd like to see some more photos from the afternoon, or want to see some super sweet ones of me riding my new bike - check out our group's flickr page here.

No comments:

Post a Comment