Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Birthday Hiking

Devil's Lake
It was my birthday on Sunday, and thanks in part to all of your well wishes and Happy Birthday's I had a great day! One of the things I am aiming to do this summer is to spend more time in the outdoors. To soak up a few more rays of sun and spend a little more time in front of a campfire under the open skies. So, when it came to what I wanted to do for my birthday, I knew I wanted to head up to Devil's Lake for a little hiking. I was blessed with a beautiful spring day, so we packed up the car and made the short drive.

We brought Edie, our 8.9 pounds of terror (aka terrier) with us. We weren't quite sure how she would handle climbing up the rock face to get to the top of the bluffs, but she handled it like a champ! If she had it her way, she would have dragged and pulled us all of the way up the bluff!

We had such a fun time, I thought I'd share a few photos.
Devil's Lake
The view from the top of the bluff:
Devil's Lake
Devil's Lake
Our little poochie mountain climber!
Devil's Lake
Devil's Lake

And then if the day couldn't get any better, we topped it off with a trip to Buffalo Wild Wings (to feed my chicken wing addiction), and bought a little Dairy Queen cake - oh it was so good!

Thanks everyone for making it a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Kyle and I (the B's friends) really enjoy the outdoors too! I hope that you are able to set aside time this summer to enjoy God's creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to take the boys up to Devil's Lake for a picnic this summer and seeing these photos cemented that idea. Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete