Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, October 30, 2009

Grandma & Grandpa's 50th Anniversary Party - Ted's Grandview

4

Not many people have the honor that I did on October 17th. I got to be the photographer at my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary Party. I spend a lot of time at weddings celebrating with my clients and their families, and it was awesome to be able to celebrate with my family and capture everything that happened! I look back on these images and it is so neat to have moments with my family captured like this - and it just hits it home why I love what I do!

We started off at their church, Most Precious Blood in New London where they received a blessing from Father:
3

And since we're not all together all the time, and we were looking pretty sharp, we snapped a few group photos:
5

Then it was on to Ted's Grandview in Fremont for a delicious dinner. You must get the Ted's Steak when you go there... it had onion rings on top, and almost melted in your mouth. And with a little ketchup - just heavenly!

What also was heavenly was the cake Erin Heller. If you live in the Madison area and are looking for a cake - give her a call! This cake had devil's food on the top, the bottom was vanilla and both had raspberry filling and sweet butter cream frosting.
7

14

The happy couple.
19

Of course we had to clink the glasses and make them kiss!
8

9

A few toasts were made, and my mom put together a story of how they met. It turns out my Grandma was 12, and my Grandpa was 15! Isn't that crazy!?
12

11

Lots of celebrating!
10

And of course, we had to cut the cake just like they did 50 years ago -
16

I love these pictures, they are so cute -
17

18

My Aunt Shelia put together a hilarious "50 things I've learned from my Parents"
15

Congrats Grandma and Grandpa - it is an honor to be a part of your family!
13


No comments:

Post a Comment