Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Get Crafty with it....

Ok, to the tune of "Gettin' Jiggy with it" .... Getting crafty with it...nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, na, nah... nah nah na nan na nah....that's right, just as cool as Will Smith would sing it. We owned that CD (oh yes, we were on the cutting edge of technology in 1993 and had the CD), and my brother would ride his big wheel around in the basement to it.

It's no secret that I love crafts. I tend to hide it, even supress it, but if I was completely honest with myself I really just want to get out the paint, googly eyes and go crazy on a toliet paper tube. Since most of you do not want to see my second-grade-esque creations, I thought I'd post a little craft that might help some of you brides out there.

My mom and I made these centerpieces for my Grandparent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Here's what we had to make 5 centerpieces:

5 small square vases (my mom found them at Goodwill - score!)
1 Boquet Red Roses
2 Boquets Carnations
Roll of Packaging Tape

We started out by cutting the packaging tape into thirds, to be about the size of scotch tape. We tried scotch tape to begin with, but it didn't stick to the sides. We then made a grid pattern with the tape.
1

I added some extra tape in the middle to hold the middle flower straight up.

We then cut the flowers, so that the flower would just be above the tape when stuck in the vase. We removed all of the leaves off of the stems and set them aside. Then stick the flowers in! It looked something like this:
2

Then, using the left over leaves we poked some in for decoration. Here's what the final product looked like on the tables:
6

Cute and super simple!

No comments:

Post a Comment