Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Photo Workshop

After a year of being on the mailing list, this past Saturday I finally got to join the Blackhawk Photo Affinity Group for their monthly workshops. The Affinity Group is a bunch of photographers from my church who get together and share tips and work on a specific aspect of photography. This past Saturday we worked on shots with 2 constant lights (aka lights that stay on all the time). Here are a few of my shots, and for you photogs out there, a set-up of our lighting.

Blackhawk Photo

We were having fun with the old magazines at the news stand... there were bare ankles in this one!
Blackhawk Photo

The lighting set-up:
Blackhawk Photo

Blackhawk Photo

The lighting set-up. There is also a halogen work light behind the couch.
Blackhawk Photo

Here's Steve multi-tasking... us photogs are so talented!
Blackhawk Photo

One last set-up in the stairwell:
Blackhawk Photo

Here are a few more pictures of me modeling, and well, just acting silly. See, this is why I am behind the camera most of the time!

These are courtesy of Steve Salt:




Here's the lighting set-up for this shot:


And these are from Matt Kirk - transporting gear to our next location. Being a photographer is so glamorous!






Thanks guys for a great afternoon, I learned a lot!



No comments:

Post a Comment