Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

I sit down to write this post, and all sorts of things come to mind. I get a little teary-eyed even. How do I put into writing everything that has happened in two years?

Two years ago, I was lucky enough to marry my best friend (ok, here come the real tears now!). My dad told me once that he knew we were perfect for each other because he called us on one Friday night and we were waiting in line at the Car Wash, and giggling so hard that we couldn't stop (actually what really happened is one of us (I'll let you guess who) farted - and we were in the middle of the car wash and couldn't roll down the windows, so we were essentially "stuck". How's that for romance?!). And if there is anything that the past two years have shown me, love is so much more than red roses at the right times, chocolates, and especially more than the one big wedding day. It's enjoying all of those little moments together. Taking that extra moment when you get a hug at the end of a long day to place your nose in that one spot on his neck where it's meant to be and taking it in. Holding hands when you take a walk. Listening... like really listening... sometimes beyond the words to what is being said. It's doing things like shoveling the snow, washing the dishes, and folding laundry when I (we) don't want to. It also sharing in the moments of "Wow, this whole house is really ours?" and taking a ride in a new car for the first time together. And peeing your pants kind of laughing watching Edie "leap" through the tall weeds at the dog park.

All of these itty bitty moments that build toward a lifetime. I am so lucky to be sharing it with you Bri. :)

Here are a few of my favorite photos from our wedding day, taken by Creative Look.


This one hangs in our stairwell. It is absolutely my favorite. It was the moment of our "first look", when Bri and I saw each other before the ceremony.


I had to share this one. My dad to this day still gave the best Father of Bride speech that I have ever heard. This pic is of him explaining how I used to get ketchup all over my face when he'd take me out to eat (I still have to this day a deep, deep, love for ketchup). He would then tell me McDonalds was out of ketchup on subsequent trips because he didn't want to deal with the mess. Then, out of his pocket, he pulls out a handful of ketchup packets, hands them to Brian - and subsequently turns over all ketchup responsibilities to him. I still die laughing thinking about it!


Then the dancing started! Woo hoo! I danced so much, I could barley waddle down the stairs on the first three days of our honeymoon!


Happy Anniversary Babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment