Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 2, 2009

Epic Anniversary Party & Silent Auction

My husband works at Epic here in Verona, and I was lucky enough this Saturday to join him at their 30th Anniversary Party. The events they host always please and inspire the party planner within me, and this one was no different! One of the cool things they do is hold a silent auction which benefits Second Harvest, a food bank here in Madison. I donated a photo shoot, and was surprised to see a bid on it within the first 15 minutes! All of the other items were donated by Epic employees and it was really neat to see all of the art work and photography by other local artists. They really are a company that takes their motto of "Do Good" seriously, not just in the healthcare industry, but also to the community they are a part of.


Here's a picture of my booth, I felt like a big dork being the photographer taking a picture of her pictures. Yes, I was that girl.


Now, here's what really made the night. The food! They had all of these great little "stations" set up that you could choose which cuisine you wanted. We started at the Western station, getting a little steak and potatoes, and then moved on to the Japanese (um who can resist free Muramoto?!)...


and then we sampled some Indian food. And then, who can forget dessert?


We did make a quick stop at the Fair Station on the way out for some cotton candy and creme puffs... mmmm.... if I still would have been hungry I would have went for some of those corn dogs these ladies were handing out!


All in all it was a great night, and I'm sure they raised a bunch of money for the Second Harvest food bank. I can't wait to meet the person/people who won my shoot!



No comments:

Post a Comment