Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

February Showers bring March flowers?

Even though I have lived in Wisconsin my entire life, I am still surprised at how much our weather can change within a given week! Last Saturday we had 6 inches of snow here in Madison, and today we have down pouring ran and thunderstorms! We even lost power here today for a few brief seconds. This confuses us Wisconsinites. Thunder in February? We can handle the snow and the below zero temperatures, but this rain is throwing us all off!

After I got home today there was just a little bit of light left in the sky and I couldn't help but notice how the streetlights were dancing in the rain drops on our windows. The colors were just so vibrant I couldn't resist. I realized I have just taken pictures for the heck of it in a while, so I grabbed my camera and shot away!


It is so fascinating to me how the rain collects in perfect patterns in the window screens...





So who knows what the weather will be tomorrow! I guess that is the excitement of living in our great state!

No comments:

Post a Comment