Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Reed!

Hello Internet! I know it's been a while since I blogged, but it's been busy here in the Van Wyk household. We went on a little vacation last week to Hayward, ate some fudge, sampled some wine, had some campfires... and enjoyed a great fireworks display. I'll post some photos later. Actually I know it's been a while since I've blogged as my mom called me today wondering where my recent wedding work was. Busted! Haha. So, without further ado internet and more specifically mom, here are some of my favorites from Brian & Jana's wedding held on June 20th.

Ceremony - First Luthern Church, Middleton


We started off the day taking photos at the UW Arboretum. To say it was hot is an understatement, I really felt for the guys in tuxes, but they held on and were such troopers.





Brian & Jana and myself snuck away for a few photos of the new Mr & Mrs.






However, there was one groomsman in particular who was just too busy for photos ; )


Then we were off to the church! The First Lutheran Church in Middleton was a great location for a small family gathering.
It is quaint with all of these really cool details. And it had two features that made us photographers just drool... all natural light and a balcony!
One thing that I loved about working with Jana is her attention to detail. She had been periodically posting photos on facebook of what she had
up her sleeve, and I was so excited to finally see it come together on the big day! Check out these gorgeous apple green details.


Aren't these fans a cute idea? For a building without air conditioning on a warm summers day, they were just perfect.


Then it was time for the ceremony to begin. I grabbed these next few as the bridal party was waiting to walk down the aisle.






It's time! Their ceremony was beautiful and sweet. For some reason I just love this next image. Although it was a fluke that Jana's
veil got caught in the fan breeze, I just love the motion it adds to the photo.




You can just see on their faces how excited they are to be husband and wife! It is always a blessing to witness couples like this!






I love the look on their faces that my second shooter Chris got!


Did I mention the little peanuts were cute?


Since the church was such a unique backdrop, we grabbed a few more of just the two of them.






And then it was off to the party! Sundance 608 did not disappoint! I had never been there before, but I was very impressed
with their clean and modern decor. It was a great place for a reception! Here are a few of the gorgeous details.









Part Two with more of the reception & dancing to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment