Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 28, 2010

What To Wear - Engagement Session

This is the first post in a series called "What to Wear". This series is designed to help my clients choose the best clothing options for their photo sessions.

First up, an engagement session.


Right away I am breaking the "matchy matchy" rule! I decided on a warm color palette because I really liked the bold citrus colors of this sun dress. Since I wanted to keep our color scheme warm, I added in the brown shirt for our lucky groom-to-be. Add in a few cute accessories and wa-la!

I chose a cardigan for the bride-to-be to add a little variation to her outfit. She can wear it buttoned or opened, have it on or off, or it would be cute off slug with one hand sassy over her shoulder. Plus, an open cardigan over a form fitting bottom piece can make the bride-to-be appear slimmer.

I am also a sucker for cool shoes, so I couldn't pass up these unique slip-ons.

Another thing I like about this combination is the variation in textures of the clothing. The dress is a nice soft linen, the cardigan a fine gauge sweater. The guy's shirt is smooth cotton, combined with the rugged dark jeans. All of this creates visual interest in the photo.

These bright colors are fun and flirty, and would be great for a summer or fall engagement session.

Well, there you have it! My inaugural post on what to wear, more to come. All clothes in the above picture are from Old Navy.

2 comments:

  1. Jenn, this is such a great idea! I love the outfit. When people ask me, "what should I wear" I will be referring them to this series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I am putting them all under a tab called "Resources" at the top so I can quickly direct people there in the future!

    ReplyDelete