Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Gina & Luke are Engaged! Osthoff Resort, Elkhart Lake

Gina & Luke
Riding in the car on the way to the Osthoff Resort last Saturday I was a little nervous. I meet almost all of my clients for an initial meeting to go over all the details and see if we're good fits for each other. Gina and I had talked exclusively over email, so I had never met her or her fiancee Luke face-to-face. Waiting in lobby of the Resort, we had no idea who we were looking for and I was getting more and more anxious... what if we don't click, they think I'm weird, or even worse our personalities clash?
Eh, I had nothing to worry about. These two are so easy going, fun, and up for anything (even snowbanks in high heels!) that we had such a great time together! What was unique for me about this engagement session is that we were at the same venue where the wedding will take place this August. We got to scope out some locations together, look at the reception hall, and dream of warmer weather all during our session! The Osthoff Resort is a beautiful location, and I simply can't imagine how awesome their wedding is going to be! I am already swooning at the lakeside location, and all of the yummy warm summer light we will have. Hurry up and get here August!

Plus, these are two of the best clients a girl could have. Seriously, I have met some of the coolest people throughout my years in photography, and these two rank up there with the best. After releasing the images to them in their online galleries I immediately got back two sincere, kind emails about how they appreciate my work - emails like that make my day! Luke is a member of a local band, and hopefully we'll be able to connect for a project a little later on this summer featuring him and some of his fellow band members. So stay tuned!

Alright, I feel like I have chatted long enough, so onto the pictures! Take a look firsthand at what a cool couple this is :)
Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke
Brian's Shot:
Gina & Luke Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke
Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Gina & Luke

Bri's shots:
Gina & Luke
Thanks again guys, Brian and I had a great time with you! We are so excited for your wedding in August!

Here's a few of us "In Action" (I always feel like I should do my karate chop and sound effect after I say that!)
Gina & Luke

Ahhh! It's cousin It! Oh, never mind, it's just Brian's hand. When he's using the fish eye lens he likes to use the "no look" techinque. He actually has perfected it quite well!
Gina & Luke
See - these two are the best - in high heels in a snowbank!
Gina & Luke





No comments:

Post a Comment