Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

365 Project

I finished 2009 with a Lightroom catalog brimming to the top with client photos. I have been grateful to witness beautiful marriages, laugh with couples during engagement shoots, and meet awesome high school seniors and families. But one glance at my photo catalogs on my computer shows that I didn't take many pictures for myself. I have a few from family gatherings, a pretty good selection of my dog, and a couple of random grabs throughout the year. So, as 2010 began, I set a goal to take one picture every day of the year. I will admit that even twelve days in to January I have to keep reminding myself to take a picture, but I can already tell that my photographic eye is begining to really sharpen and take form. I am really excited to have a collection of photos from an entire year of my life when I am finished, it will be really cool to look back on!

So without further ado, here are my first eleven pictures! I have kept my facebook up to date so far, and plan to update my blog readers about weekly with my photos. We'll see how this goes : ) I have really appreciated all of the feedback and comments on facebook, so don't be shy to comment here!

1.1.10
1.1.10
The first of my 365 project - delicious sorbet at a wedding I shot.

1.2.10
1.2.10
Brian and I had our first real Chicago deep dish pizza on Michigan Ave.

1.3.10
1.3.10
We returned from Chicago to find that turkeys had been walking all over our backyard (in the City!)

1.4.10
1.4.10
Evidence that our house really needs to be cleaned! In my attempts to make myself feel better - instead of actually cleaning I decided to take my daily pic... lol

1.5.10
1.5.10
This is the view of the winter sunset from our Bunbury office; they are always so beautiful (though very, very cold today). That little "tower" is on the corner of Super Target.

1.6.10
1.6.10
We got a new tea pot. and we used it. because it was cold outside!

1.7.10
1.7.10
Winter storm warning today - we got about 8 inches of blowing snow. I was at the Nakoma Country Club for an event, and this empty swimming pool was just a dim reminder of summer...

1.8.10
1.8.10
It has been below zero temps for a few days now, and even the snow looks cold!

1.9.10
1.9.10
A swirl appears in Brian's beer as we share time with my parents.

1.10.10
1.10.10
A sneak peak from my engagement shoot at the capitol today. I got brave and took the flash off my camera - yay!

1.11.10
1.11.10
A little sampling of my battery collection "I'VE GOT THE POWER" ... now bad 90's jock jams are stuck in my head!

I also just wanted to say that this is a very common project in the photographer community, so feel free to join in on your own! I would love to see your photos - drop your link in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment