Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 21, 2009

Joy & Josh are Married!

Last weekend I had the privilege of photographing Josh & Joy's wedding in Sheboygan Falls. Joy is my cousin-in-law, and to be such a integral part of her day was a honor. With some unexpected life circumstances, they were unable to have the photographer they hired for as long as they liked, so I got to fill in gaps. Although Joy thought she was giving me second fiddle, I didn't feel that way at all! It is always great to be able to use my photography in a way to help others, especially family. I don't get to see that side of my husbands family much, so it was awesome to get to know Joy, Josh, and their wedding party a little bit better - and to me that is worth it!

Plus, secretly I have been dying to go to a salon with the girls - and I got my chance! : )

So here are my select favorites from the day, to see more, become a fan of Jenn Van Wyk Photography on Facebook!






I have to laugh, after Joy started tearing up after receiving a text from a friend, she exclaimed "Isn't there some sort of medication you can take to stop yourself from crying?" Oh, Joy. It's an emotional day, and crying is 100% ok!


Joy giving us a little preview of the Grand March attire.


Now over to the guys getting ready - I think this shot sums it up well. Josh's laptop on the back of his car - watching a You Tube Video on how to tie ties - good news - they figured it out!


Josh's cufflink broke, but luckily they were getting ready in his garage... a little super glue did the trick!



All ready to go!


Back over to the ladies. I loved all of Joy's details including these awesome shoes!











Joy's beautiful boquet



Yay Mr. & Mrs. Heinen!




Onto the reception!










This was the most hilarious grand march I have seen! I seriously want to go out and buy a box of these glasses, they were so funny! I couldn't choose, so here are a few of my favorite goofy ones of the wedding party:


I think this is a good one to end on : )


Thank you Josh and Joy for letting me be a part of your day - I had a great time! Best of luck to the new Mr. & Mrs. Heinen!

No comments:

Post a Comment