Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Cassie & Brad are Engaged!

Cassie and Brad were my first "gift certificate" clients. Their aunt Megan purchased them the session after learning they were not going to have them taken. How cool is that?

I am always a little apprehensive about meeting people for the first time in front of my camera. It's always an interesting task to try to learn about the person and capture their true side all at the same time! However, Cassie and Brad were so easy going, they made my job easy! More often than not, I instruct the couples when to kiss, when to cuddle, etc, etc. But these two were naturals in front of the camera! I was going crazy trying to capture all of their love for each other - and I think you'll see it in their images.

I met these two at the UW Arboretum. After seven years in Madison, one might think I've been there before, but nope! It was my first trip there. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was, and will definitely be back!

Alright, enough chit chatting and on to a few of my favorites!




So, funny story! We were walking around the Arboretum looking for some cool spots, and came across this structure.
Turns out Brad came to the Arboretum when he was in school, and got in trouble for trying to climb the structure! He even
told me some kids were trying to walk across the top. What a coincidence that we ended up here years later for their
engagement session.


And it wouldn't be an engagement session without a little ring love...


See, I told you the Arboretum was beatuiful!


So, I had a little internal photographer freak out moment when I noticed these little quaint buildings. I was in photog heaven!



And this one is one of my new all time favorites!





Thanks guys for a great afternoon! I wish you all of the best for your wedding in August!

jvw

No comments:

Post a Comment