Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 13, 2009

mibirthday according to my iphone

I was fortunate enough to turn a quarter of a century on this past Saturday... and I thought what more special than to take my blog readers through a photographic journey of my day : ) It was a hodge-podge of events recorded by my trusty iphone (hence the sub par quality!). Thanks to everyone who made my day special, it was great to get all of the emails, phone calls, and facebook messages, you sure do know how to make a girl feel special!


My mom, dad, and brother were unable to make the 2 hour trip this year, so the sent me some flowers at work on Friday, how sweet? And Gerber Daisies... love them!


Now, to understand this next photo, you must understand my father in law. He loves Harbor Frieght. No, loves really isn't the right word, more like "obsessess" over Harbor Frieght. Between trips to Madison he collects their fliers, studies their sales, and creates the all important "list". The list still didn't stop us from spending over 45 minutes in the store! If you've never been to Harbor Frieght, it is quite the interesting store. They have cheap tools, and more tools, but then, you come across something like this photo below. Mixed in with the tires and heaters is a Bingo set. Weird, I know.


After a following trip to Home Depot where we purchased some plants for our house, we went to my favorite restaurant - Cheeseburger in Paradise. I love the theme there, not to mention their tropical drinks!


Brian's brother is getting to the interview for interships stage of his college career, so we went a suit hunt for the rest of the afternoon. Needless to say, I got a little bored in all of the suit sections of each store in the mall, so I thought I'd take a few pics. This is store number 2 of the journey with no luck!


I was so impressed at the colorful ties in all of the stores. I was trying to convince Brian he needed a purple one... no such luck yet!


Wait, Brian.... why do you have a suit on? Turns out when Tom bought his suit, he got one free, which Brian gladly gobbled up! So, Brian got a suit for my birthday. Figures!



Tommy at store #4, Men's Warehouse with the winning suit! Yay!


We then went out to eat at Samba with Brian's parents. They were pretty impressed and had never been to a Brazillian Steak House before. Brian and I have been there before, however this time they had roasted pinneapple on the swords... oh warm pinneapple with brown sugar and cinnamon was delicious!

We then boogied on down to the Overture Center, where we saw Bill Cosby. He is 71 years old and still doesn't miss a beat, he is hillarious!


So... there is my birthday in a nut shell. All in all a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment