Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Having a Ball.

In January I began volunteering with our church's 6th grade girls, and just have had a ball doing so. I know most people when you mention "middle schoolers" kind of shutter, and have this look in their eyes like they need to go wash their hands. However, they hold a special place in my heart. They are awkward, and well, I am awkward. They need a friend, and well, so do I. I am convinced most weeks that I learn more from them then they do from me, but I find this often happens when you volunteer in any regard.

Last Friday we had a sleep over with the girls. At first this idea evoked a sense of terror, I mean 12 middle school girls, one small room, and wee hours of the morning. But, we had a ball. Literally. We went bowling. Except I forgot my socks. Luckily you can buy socks at the bowling alley, and they even have a little bowling ball and pins on it... but I digress. We had a great time together, and I learned that if you are in middle school, it is not cool to put your real names on the score "board". I swear these girls were in there after every frame changing their names.

The Coolest Bowlers Ever

Waiting for a Turn

Afterwards, to my surprise, we even got some sleep! And I figured out that if you are 14 years older than middle schoolers, your body doesn't take sleeping on the floor as it once did. But, we had a ball and that's all that matters : )

No comments:

Post a Comment