Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog! I am a portrait and wedding photographer based out of Madison, Wisconsin. Here you will find my latest work and what I've been up to. Please feel free to browse and comment!

For more information and pricing, visit my website at www.jennvanwyk.com or find us on Facebook!

If you have any questions or would just like to chit chat, I'm available at jenn@jennvanwyk.com or 608.335.9213

Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, April 17, 2009

High's & Low's

If I had a quarter for every time I've done an ice breaker in my life I think I'd be rich! From House Fellow (R.A.) training, to church gatherings, to small group work in high school the ice breaker always seems to pop up. I now know only to take 1 toilet paper square, my "random fact" is that I can sing all 50 states in alphabetical order (thanks to 3rd grade music class), and can toss balls across the circle and state your name even though I met you 2 minutes ago. Booyah! I feel like I have rocked the Ice Breaker over the years. However, there is one that I even keep around, and that's "High's" and "Low's". The premise is basic, share one good or "High" thing and share one bad or "Low" thing that has happened to you recently. You can really learn a lot about people by this simple question, it's amazing. I'm going to try and let the blog world into my "Highs" and "Lows" for each week to give you a little glimpse into the world of Jenn. I think it's important when choosing a photographer that you not only like the images they produce, but also get along! On your wedding day the photographer is one of the people you spend the most time with and you should enjoy yourself. So future clients, let this be a glimpse! Oh, and feel free to comment if the same has striked you over the past week.


HIGHS
I ordered two new lenses this week just in time for wedding season. I can't wait to get them, I know they will rock my socks off. First off a Canon 24-70 f2.8, and a Canon 70-200L f2.8 (which literally looks like a cannon). For you non-camera people, all this means is you will look 10 times more amazing than before. No really, 10 times more, it's scientific : )

The weather. It's 70+ degrees outside, need I say more?

Merrell Hiking Shoes. Hubby and I love these. We bought them for our honeymoon about a year and a half ago and couldn't say more good things about them. They have awesome support, including a "roll strap" that goes around the back that prevents your ankle from rolling. Seriously you put these on and they become one with your foot they are so comfortable. Also, they are meant to wear without socks, so you can easily go into the water and come out no problem. Or on a hot day at the dog park a.k.a. yesterday, you can wear them and have good tracktion along with good ventalation. If you're in the market, these are great.

The Office. I was a little worried that it was going downhill, but these last few episodes have ROCKED! My favorite quote from last night " You respect dibs don't you? .... duh, I'm not a barbarin" . Too funny!



LOWS
Our house backs up to the beautiful Ice Age Trail, and it's one of the main reasons we bought it. No one will ever build behind us, and we get a lovely scenic backyard. Yeah, until firemen came last night and set it on fire! Now, let me back up. I have what you would call "Catostrophic Anxiety". My husband doesn't call me right away. It doesn't mean someone unexpectdly walked into his office and he's running late. No, he crashed his car off the side of Hwy PD and is lying dead in ditch. Get the point? So, when one with Catostrophic Anxiety sees their backyard on fire it is a little disconcerning, but luckily there was a grove of trained firemen ready to put it out. Turns out it is part of their efforts to keep the trail maintained. Still, my heart rate was a little elevated.

Cops in Verona. Like a lot of them. I went to Verona last night and in 10 minutes saw 3 Cops. Crazy! Moral of the story blog readers - don't speed in Verona!

Left over Easter Eggs. They make the whole entire fridge smell. Guess I'm going to need a new box of baking soda in there!


And since posts are better with photos, here's one of the "burning" in my back yard. Side note, all went well and the fire was out about an hour later. Phew!


Controlled Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment